Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Passed the PMP Exam

I passed the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam last Saturday. It was extremely long (200 questions) and took me the full four hours to complete. I studied for it for about 4 months during the evenings, which included the 35 hours of mandatory education that PMI requires. I crammed the content in rapidly during the last two weeks as I realized that the content of the exam included information that was not in the PMBOK. I used the PM Prepcast which featured the effusive Cornelius Fichtner as the narrator. It was a very thorough way to study for it, and I highly recommend it.

What I really liked about the exam was that I was able to go back to review questions. So if I was unsure of an answer in the initial part of the exam, but more sure of an answer to a similar concept in a later part of the exam, I could go back and change the previous answer I would say I probably changed 5-6 answers in this way. I was also able to go back and figure out some of the network diagram questions that confused me initially, until I was able to figure out the concept they were testing later in the exam.

Anyway, I'm happy the PMP exam is over and vert pleased that I passed. I feel very comfortable now with project management concepts. Now I just need to put this certification to good use.

2 comments:

  1. That’s good news. Congrats! I am sure this post will be an inspiration to others wanted to take pmp classes online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that’s job well done Rami. I hope there are lots of people make what have you done in passing the PMP exam. pmp questions free

    ReplyDelete